The Top 5 Spring Cleaning Tips I Learned from Slate's "Rethinking Spring Cleaning"
- Sentimentality is the enemy. Roam your place with three bins: donation, trash, and recycling. Slay the clutter that's been around so long you don't even notice it anymore.
- Identify the mess magnets. A stray pair of pants or dirty mug will quickly attract more mess around it. Nip that in the bud - put it away now, save an epic chore later.
- Look at a room from a new angle. Up high. Down low. Or in the bright light of midday. You might find grimy, dusty surfaces that haven't been tackled in a while (or ever).
- Invite a friend over. Because nothing will get your place cleaner quicker than the prospect of peers seeing your secret shame.
- You can't do it all now. Be at peace with the imperfection. Do what you can, then step back and celebrate your spring cleaning achievement.